Our dedicated team of service and support staff will be able to assist you with any problem or query you may have. If you cannot find the information you need here please give us a call.
Additional support for the website or online queries.
- Who are Telecom2?
- Why choose Telecom2?
- Where can I find customer case studies?
- What are 'virtual numbers'?
- What do Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum mean?
- How do I purchase a service?
- Why do I need to buy prepayment credit?
- My question is not answered here, what do I do?
- What is VoIP?
- Who can I call on VoIP?
- How can I get free VoIP calls?
- How Does it Work?
- What Equipment Do I Need?
- Does my computer have to be turned on?
- What are the benefits of Telecom2’s VoIP-based business telephony?
- Why is your Telecom2 VoIP business telephony service better than Skype?
- Can we use our advertised telephone numbers with Telecom2?
- Can we move from our existing VoIP service provider to Telecom2?
- Can we choose a new easy-to-remember number?
- Is VoIP-based telephony reliable and of high enough quality for my business?
- What business continuity and disaster recovery options are available if our internet fails or we suffer a power outage
- Can we call 999 using your service?
- Our business is growing so can our numbers come with us if we move?
- We really like the sound of using Telecom2 VoIP-based business telephony but need help in choosing the right solution. Can you advise us?
Who are Telecom2?
This website makes a lot of bold claims about what we can do for you and your business and one of major reasons for our confidence is that we know we’ve got the team to deliver it. In our directors we’ve got years of innovation and industry expertise, and then there’s our very clever and committed sales, support and technical staff… Well, we don’t think there’s a better team in the business! Go HERE to to find out more.
Why choose Telcom2?
Telecom2 is an all-in one, business-to-business telecommunications provider with an extensive portfolio of technology, products and services across the voice and mobile sectors. An on-going commitment to investment in new technologies ensures these products will meet your needs now, and in the future.
As a network operator, licensed and regulated by Ofcom and redundant over multiple sites, Telecom2 offers secure and stable solutions to all your telecommunication needs. Our reputation is founded on a commitment to excellence that underpins everything we do, from product development to customer service, and we are wholly committed to building long-term client/partner relationships.
Where can I find customer case studies?
What are 'virtual numbers'?
Virtual Numbers are phone numbers which are not attached to a specific geographical area or telephone exchange. This allows you the flexibility to forward them to your existing landline or mobile number, or any PBX you have. We sell UK geographic numbers which you would receive from your landline provider, or non-geographic numbers like 070/0845/0871 which you can point to your PBX, your landline or mobile number.
What does Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum mean?
This is a rating we assign to our numbers to denote their 'quality', based on how memorable they are. This can be repetition in the number such as "4444", or a pattern like "1234". At Telecom2 we use a custom-made algorithm to rank the quality of the number. It is not related to call quality, all our call traffic is handled to the same high standard.
What are services?
Services add functionality to your numbers. For example, multiple call forwarding options, missed call alerts or call recording. Every Telecom2 number comes with free Call forwarding, Fax2email, Playfile and Voicemail, however our Premium Package adds numerous additional functions.
Why do I need to buy prepayment credit?
Each customer has a virtual wallet that can be topped up at any time through our website. We employ a prepayment system in order to give you control over the amount you will pay in usage fees associated with forwarding numbers. Prepayment credit is only used when forwarding number to landlines or mobiles; we do not charge for SIP forwarding or any of our other services.
My question is not answered here, what do I do?
We have a team of knowledgeable and friendly customer service staff who can answer any question you have. Please, don't hesitate to contact us.
What is VoIP?
VoIP technology enables you to make and receive telephone calls over a broadband Internet connection instead of over a traditional phone line.
Who can I call on VoIP?
You can call anyone with a normal landline or mobile phone anywhere in the world.
How can I get free VoIP calls?
If you deploy Telecom2’s Apex business telephony solution you get free calls between all your locations, whether they are across town or on the other side of the world.
How Does it Work?
With VoIP, voice traffic is converted into data packets and transmitted over the public Internet and/or over a private IP network. When you call a landline or mobile phone number, the data packets are converted to a regular telephone signal before they reach the party you're calling.
What Equipment Do I Need?
For a basic VoIP system, all you need are a broadband Internet connection and a VoIP-enabled phone; a traditional phone connected to an adapter; or a computer with VoIP software.
Many businesses are now using VoIP on their own private networks. Telephony systems residing on private networks have better security and quality than those that operate strictly over the public Internet. With VoIP on a private network, you can prioritise voice over other types of traffic on your network, to ensure the best possible audio quality.
Does my computer have to be turned on?
If you are making calls from your PC, yes. However, if you are making calls with a phone and adaptor or a VOIP phone only your internet connection needs to be active, usually through your router.
What are the benefits of Telecom2’s VoIP-based business telephony?
- Reduced local and long-distance charges
- One network to manage for both voice and data, instead of two
- Reduced travel costs--thanks to online conferencing—easy-to-use video calls, and other collaboration tools
- Easily make adds, moves, and changes to the PBX as required
- Employees have more ways to stay connected and customers can reach them more easily
- Take all of your phoe system's features with you for use at home, at the office, or on the road
Why is your Telecom2 VoIP business telephony service better than Skype?
Apex from Telecom2 and Skype® are aimed at totally different markets and each have their own strengths and weaknesses. Apex differs because:
- You can call us and have a contract
- Telephone AND email support
- 24/7 emergency number
- 999 and Directory Enquiries access
- Landline replacement business service
- Members of ITSPA
- ITSPA Quality Mark - http://www.itspa.org.uk/quality.shtml
- Number porting - move your existing telephone number to Telecom2
- Fax to email service
- Voicemail to email service
- Direct Debit facilities
- Based in the UK and governed by UK law.
Apex from Telecom2 is VoIP-based business telephony providing high-quality and reliable VoIP connections with contracts and full customer service and technical support from our dedicated team, not just email support. Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling.
Can we use our advertised telephone numbers with Telecom2?
Yes, we can port or move any numbers you have to us.
Can we move from our existing VoIP service provider to Telecom2?
Of course you can! We’ll migrate/port your existing numbers to us with the minimum of fuss.
Can we choose a new easy-to-remember number?
WE have an extensive range of geographic and non-geographic numbers, both UK and international. Use our number wizard to find the right one for you.
Is VoIP-based telephony reliable and of high enough quality for my business?
Of course. Our reputation depends on us delivering an on-going service that exceeds your expectations.
What business continuity and disaster recovery options are available if our internet fails or we suffer a power outage?
We can send inbound calls to up to five different locations. That could to another internet connection, mobile phone or landline. Depending on your phone system, you can also have fail over outbound settings.
Can we call 999 using your service?
Of course. We are regulated by Ofcom and provide an inbound and outbound telecommunications service, we therefore enable customers to call the Emergency Services.
Our business is growing so can our numbers come with us if we move?
If you move your numbers go with you…whether that’s to the next town, the other end of the country or the other side of the world.